- Premium materials to enhance the design
- Multiple sizes including wheatpaste / flyposting
- Bulk quantities for large-scale promotions
- Same day printing available
Q: What do you mean by bulk posters? What exactly do you mean when you say offset?
Bulk offset posters are usually used for high-volume orders. Halloween posters, movie companies and other entertainment studios, for example, produce 1,000 posters at a time. Utilizing our huge press, which is 48″ wide, to print your 24″x36″ poster is more cost effective than using our HP Latex printer, which is digital and prints one by one. However, printing small quantities on offset does not make sense because there is a set up cost.
Q: Why are lower-quantity pricing higher, while higher-quantity prices are substantially lower?
As previously stated, it is designed for large quantities of posters, and there is a setup fee, so even if you order a modest quantity, our fee must be paid. However, because we are set up on our press, the price reduces drastically if you order 1,000, 5,000, or 10,000 units.
Q: I only require a tiny number of posters; what should I do?
If that’s the case, please get a custom quote. We may print 1 at a time and there are no setup fees because these are created digitally.
Q: Do you only provide two types of poster paper?
We offer a range of paper options, talk to our team to find out more. Our popular Halloween poster paper options include 100lb gloss text and 100lb silk text. However, if you have a unique project and a large quantity, we can create posters on any paper stock you like, including cover stocks and uncoated papers. Keep in mind that if the order quantity is low, the setup fees will be greater to cover our costs. Please request a quote and we will take care of the rest.
Q: Do you have the ability to die cut my posters into any form I desire?
Technically, we can die cut posters, but it will be expensive if your quantities are small. We can die cut to shape, but doing so in huge quantities is rather costly. If you have a unique idea and need to conduct a campaign on a budget, please let us know; we’ve got you covered.
Q: Can I obtain a poster in any size I want?
We print the widest range of Halloween poster sizes. Our press’s maximum size is 48″. We can cut to any size that is smaller than this. Because it’s not a standard size, the price may vary.
Q: Do you offer foil stamping and embossing services?
A: We don’t foil or emboss large-format posters. We may be able to foil stamp, but a minimum order size of 5000 is required, and wewill need to see your file to see whether this is possible.
Q: What about Raised Foil or Spot UV?
No, none of these treatments are available for posters.
Same Day Orders:
We require our same day orders to be confirmed by 1pm EST to make the run for that day. If you place your order after the 1pm deadline, your order will be ready to be collected between 4pm-6pm the next day. Production times do not include delivery time and we always get approval on your artwork before print begins.
3 & 3-5 Day Orders:
3-5 (+ more) day orders need to be confirmed by 10am EST to begin their production. Your order will be available for collection on the designated day between 10am-6pm Monday through Friday. All artworks are approved before production. Production times do not include delivery times.
Custom orders do not fit in to our regular schedule. All custom orders will have their turnaround times advised before production begins.
- Use CMYK color mode to prepare your files, not RGB.
- Set the font color to 100% K instead of 4c for black text.
- Enter the desired Pantone or HKS colors in to the color channel when using special colors
- Instructions for special colors: Create areas with another process color (CMYK) overlaying a special color using knockout instead of overprinting. Special colors over a CMYK color should be created using knockout.
- Use greyscale color mode when ordering a greyscale item.
- Create grey areas in shades of black to ensure a perfect print result in greyscale.
Files in Original Size
- Create your files for print in their original size (the final trim size).
- Artwork that is too small or too large has to be scaled to the correct print size, usually without edge trimming (bleed). This results in a reduced quality final result.
The Right Trim/Bleed
- Always add trim/bleed to your files to allow leeway for cutting differences in production.
- Our standard trim allowance is 2mm.
- Envelopes: 1mm
- Advertising technology products, presentation folders, packaging & calendars: 3mm.
- Textile stretcher frames: 15mm.
- For best results, keep all of your important content at least 3mm away from the edge of the finished size.
- Keep at least 20mm away from the binding edge on spiral bound calendars or brochures.
- Make sure background pictures, colors and layouts do extend in to the bleed area to prevent white lines as a result of cutting tolerances.
- Check all of your superfluous pages have been deleted.
- For multi-page files, create each page in sequential order, starting with page 1 (front page) and continuing on until the last page (back page).
- Graphics, images & pictures should be 250 dpi.
- Color images & greyscales – 250 dpi.
- Line artwork (drawings & text in a small font size) – 1.200 dpi.
- Advertising technology & ad posters with text – 150 dpi.
- Advertising technology products – 72 dpi.
- All lines should be at least 0.22 pt.
- We automatically increase lines that are too thin to a printable weight (except lines that are set to exactly 0 pt).
- Don’t use borders as a way to define layouts as due to mechanical tolerances these might be cut into and show up on the final product.
- Save your files in print ready, vector file formats such as PDF, EPS, AI, PS, JPG, TIF.
- Reduce all layers in to a single, flat, background layer.
Embedded Fonts & Paths
- Convert all of your fonts & paths to outlines to prevent printing problems (or if we do not have the exact font on our systems).
- Allow sufficient contrast between font colors and background colors.
Here at 1800-Printing we understand the importance of reducing our carbon footprint; mother nature is always on our minds. We provide the widest selection of eco-friendly and recycled material printing materials in New York.
Our recycled paper is PEFC certified, and we use soy inks in our printing process. We’ve got you covered with everything from recycled business cards to brochures and more! In fact, we currently use recycled card stock as standard.
The printing sector has traditionally had a negative reputation when it comes to environmental stewardship, with wasteful paper handling, excessive electricity and water use, and volatile chemicals that result in toxic waste. At 1800-Printing, we try to put our planet first, and one way we achieve so is through our environmental responsibility plan.
This is how 1800-Printing is making a difference:
- Using soy inks
- Using recycled paper stocks as standard
- Printing techniques like duplexing which reduce paper use
- Modern machines which drastically reduce power consumption
- Elimination of toxic and volatile chemicals
- Alcohol-free printing presses
- We recycle redundant machines and computer parts
- We recycle our printing plates, press blankets, bottles, cans & containers
TIF, JPG, PDF, AI and EPS are our preferred file formats.
We’ve discovered that reducing the prepress process allows us to pass on significant cost savings to our clients. Our prepress requirements also allow us to avoid frequent errors in digital artwork preparation for print, such as font embedding and unlinked pictures. We ask that all files provided for printing be in industry standard formats to ensure quality. We need formats that aren’t reliant on the application, fonts, or other design components utilized to make the piece. The following file types are accepted:
Quark, Pagemaker, Corel Draw, and other similar files can be accepted if they are converted to industry standard graphic formats like TIF, JPG, or PDF.
We print your files at a slightly larger size so that there are no white borders when we cut the prints off of the sheet. Your background/images will spill out to the edge if you do this.
There is a margin of error known as the safety when your prints are trimmed down. We require a 1/4″ of safety to prevent all vital information from being cut off. On the top, bottom, left, and right, that’s 1/8″. If you have any issues about measurements, download the template for the exact product you’re making to ensure proper trim and safety.
We use UPS and Fedex for shipping out your orders. Please note that both carriers will not ship to a P.O. box. If you have any questions regarding shipping please feel free to contact us.
Once your order has shipped we will send you a confirmation email and you can also login to the My Account page and find your tracking info there as well.
We ship nationwide with UPS! But as New Yorkers, we of course service the entire NYC area including the following neighborhoods.
Printing near me
Allerton, Battery Park City, Arverne, Annadale, Bay Ridge, Bathgate, Beekman Place, Astoria, Arden Heights, Bedford Stuyvesant, Baychester, Carnegie Hill, Astoria Heights, Arlington, Bensonhurst, Bedford Park, Chelsea, Auburndale, Arrochar, Bergen Beach, Belmont, Chinatown, Bay Terrace, Bay Terrace, Boerum Hill, Bronxdale, Civic Center, Bayside, Bloomfield, Borough Park, Bronx Park South, Clinton, Bayswater, Bulls Head, Brighton Beach, Bronx River, East Harlem, Beechhurst, Butler Manor, Broadway Junction, Castle Hill, East Village, Bellaire, Castleton Corners, Brooklyn Heights, City Island, Financial District, Belle Harbor, Charleston, Brownsville, Claremont Village, Flatiron, Bellerose, Chelsea, Bushwick, Clason Point, Gramercy, Blissville, Clifton, Canarsie, Concourse, Greenwich Village, Breezy Point, Concord, Carroll Gardens, Concourse Village, Hamilton Heights, Briarwood, Dongan Hills, City Line, Co-op City, Harlem (Central), Broad Channel, Egbertville, Clinton Hill, Country Club, Herald Square, Brookville, Elm Park, Cobble Hill, East Tremont, Hudson Square, Cambria Heights, Eltingville, Coney Island, Eastchester, Inwood, Clearview, Emerson Hill, Crown Heights, Edenwald, Lenox Hill, College Point, Fox Hills, Cypress Hills, Edgewater Park, Lincoln Square, Douglaston, Graniteville, Ditmas Park, Fieldston, Little Italy, Dutch Kills, Grant City, Downtown, Fordham, Lower East Side, East Elmhurst, Grasmere, DUMBO, High Bridge, Manhattan Valley, Edgemere, Great Kills, Dyker Heights, Hunts Point, Manhattanville, Elmhurst, Greenridge, East Flatbush, Kingsbridge, Midtown South, Far Rockaway, Grymes Hill, East New York, Kingsbridge Heights, Midtown, Floral Park, Heartland Village, East Williamsburg, Longwood, Morningside Heights, Flushing, Howland Hook, Farragut, Marble Hill, Murray Hill, Flushing (Downtown), Huguenot, Flatbush, Melrose, NoHo, Forest Hills, Lighthouse Hill, Flatlands, Morris Heights, Roosevelt Island, Forest Hills Gardens, Livingston, Fort Greene, Morris Park, SoHo, Fresh Meadows, Manor Heights, Fort Hamilton, Morrisania, South Village, Glen Oaks, Mariner’s Harbor, Fulton Ferry, Mott Haven, Stuyvesant Town, Glendale, Midland Beach, Georgetown, Mount Eden, Sutton Place, Hammels, New Brighton, Gerritsen Beach, Mount Hope, Times Square, Hillcrest, New Dorp, Gowanus, North Riverdale, Tribeca, Hollis, New Dorp Beach, Gravesend, Norwood, Tudor City, Holliswood, New Springville, Greenpoint, Olinville, Turtle Bay, Howard Beach, Oakwood, Highland Park, Parkchester, Union Square, Hunters Point, Old Place, Homecrest, Pelham Bay, Upper East Side, Jackson Heights, Old Town, Kensington, Pelham Gardens, Upper West Side, Jamaica, Park Hill, Kings Highway, Pelham Parkway, Wall Street, Jamaica Center, Pleasant Plains, Manhattan Beach, Port Morris, Washington Heights, Jamaica Estates, Port Ivory, Manhattan Terrace, Riverdale, West Village, Jamaica Hills, Port Richmond, Mapleton, Schuylerville, Yorkville, Kew Gardens, Prince’s Bay, Marine Park, Soundview, Kew Gardens Hills, Randall Manor, Midwood, Spuyten Duyvil, Laurelton, Richmond Town, Mill Basin, Throgs Neck, Lefrak City, Richmond Valley, Mill Island, Unionport, Lindenwood, Rosebank, Navy Yard, University Heights, Little Neck, Rossville, New Lots, Van Nest, Long Island City, Sandy Ground, North Side, Wakefield, Malba, Shore Acres, Ocean Hill, West Farms, Maspeth, Silver Lake, Ocean Parkway, Westchester Square, Middle Village, South Beach, Paerdegat Basin, Williamsbridge, Murray Hill, St. George, Park Slope, Woodlawn, Neponsit, Stapleton, Plum Beach, New Hyde Park, Sunnyside, Prospect Heights, North Corona, Todt Hill, Prospect Lefferts Gardens, Oakland Gardens, Tompkinsville, Prospect Park South, Ozone Park, Tottenville, Red Hook, Pomonok, Travis, Remsen Village, Queens Village, Ward Hill, Rugby, Queensboro Hill, West Brighton, Sea Gate, Ravenswood, Westerleigh, Sheepshead Bay, Rego Park, Willowbrook, South Side, Richmond Hill, Woodrow, Spring Creek, Ridgewood, Starrett City, Rochdale, Stuyvesant Heights, Rockaway Park, Sunset Park, Rosedale, Tompkins Park North, Roxbury, Vinegar Hill, Seaside, Weeksville, Somerville, West Brighton, South Corona, Williamsburg, South Jamaica, Windsor Terrace, South Ozone Park, Wingate, Springfield Gardens, St. Albans, Steinway, Sunnyside, Sunnyside Gardens, Utopia, Whitestone, Woodhaven, Woodside.