Offset Printing Services in New York
Offset printing is a technique which involves transferring (offset) your design from a metal plate to a rubber blanket or roller and then to a printing surface. This process is also known as lithography, and is perfect for large production runs such as newspapers, magazines, catalogs, and books. The life span of the plates is prolonged simply because the print media doesn’t have contact with the plates. The rubber blankets adhere to the print media surface to give a sharp final image; this allows offset printers to print on more difficult surfaces such as canvas, plastic, wood or cloth.
We use web offset printing at 1800-Printing. These are more significant and higher speed machines fed with reels of paper through the press machine. Printing is continuous as long as the document is fed through. After printing, the pages are separated and trimmed. This means it is cost-effective for a large quantity of publication where content may change regularly. Get in touch with one of our printing experts to find out more about our offset printing options.
The Advantages of Offset Printing Methods
- High-quality imagery consistently
- Ideal for large volume printing
- Can print on larger paper sizes than digital
- Cheaper than digital for larger volume orders
- Can print any Pantone or PMS colors
- Print on a variety of surfaces including wood, metal, and cloth, plastic
- Perfect for brochures, posters, business cards, flyers.